Rays of Hope
Faith Lutheran Church
430 12th St. Staples MN. 56479. (view quilt off of 2nd Ave NE on church property)
“Rays of Hope” is a visual reminder of “Faith, Hope and Love” and fits well with Faith Lutheran’s motto: “We gather, grow and go in Faith”. All are welcome to Faith Lutheran church (ELCA) to: visit, worship, serve, pray and grow in faith.
In 1902, a small group of Norwegians were worshiping in private homes once a month. The group decided in 1903 to start a Norwegian Lutheran Congregation in Staples. In 1906, when the private homes become too crowded, this same group, decided to rent the Baptist Church in south Staples. In 1913, the congregation voted to build a new church in south Staples. The lot was purchased by the ladies’ aid for $50.00 and the church constructed. In 1937, the name was changed to the First English Lutheran Church, and a new church was built on the north side of Staples, on 7th Street. In 1959, the name was changed once again from Frist English Lutheran Church to Faith Lutheran Church, which it remains today. The present church was built by members of the congregation, and Mission Builders volunteers, and was dedicated in 2005.
Facebook: Faith Lutheran Church
Barn quilt made by Cheryl & Bob Koll, Lani Klose, Mary Noska, Beth Fabian, Annette Good, and Lisa Kajer